Fleetpin GPS Vehicle Tracking Launches New Health and Safety Package
Fleetpin is offering a health and safety package to help kiwi businesses identify, minimise and monitor risks associated with a mobile workforce, company vehicles and machinery.
Posted by Jaleh Benson on 1st November 2017
We place a lot of emphasis on hazards at worksites, but it’s all too easy to forget that vehicles used by employees and contractors to carry out work duties are also our responsibility. New Zealand’s Health and Safety at Work Act explicitly includes work vehicles as a work site and requires those responsible for health and safety to identify, minimise and actively monitor risks.
Vehicles need to be safe for staff to operate - maintained and certified. The way vehicles are driven needs to be monitored so we can be alert for accidents and work on improving driving behaviour together. It’s also important to know that our mobile workforce are where they are meant to be, in safe zones avoiding hazardous areas and back safe to the yard at the end of the work day.
A GPS hardwired into your work vehicles provides an opportunity to be alert to risks, identify them, minimise them and importantly to actively monitor them. In November, Fleetpin is launching a new Health and Safety package that will be a critical tool in your arsenal to manage health and safety responsibilities.
Fleetpin’s Health and Safety package includes:
- Live tracking - have real-time visibility of your mobile workforce
- In-vehicle SOS buttons - call/text designated numbers to indicate distress and receive location so you can take immediate action
- Impact alert - call/text designated numbers to indicate a crash and receive location so you can take immediate action
- Harsh driving reporting - monitor overspeed, harsh cornering and braking, share reports and build a safe driving culture
- In-vehicle driving alerts - guide your workforce with a siren/LED kit to indicate overspeed and sharp cornering
- Location alert - call/text designated numbers when a vehicle enters a hazard zone or arrives safely back to the depot
- Vehicle maintenance reminder and report to provide safe and certified vehicles
If you’ve got staff out and about in work vehicles or machines, whether this is driving between sites or working on sites in remote areas and you’re serious about their health and safety, please give us a call on 0800 110 820 or send us an email.